So I started experimenting. I had this fabric that I picked at a thrift store and I had no idea what to do with it. It is that old polyester they used to make pants out in the 70s. It was part of a larger bag of fabric. Something I never would have picked up on my own.
Anyways, I cut out some circles, heated up the fabric with my heat embossing gun, and glued everything together with some hot glue. I was surprised how realistic this flower looked. I have it on a clip that can be removed from the head band. It can be worn as a lapel pin, a head band, a hairclip, or even dress up a pair of shoes or a purse. I really like the way it turned out.
I will warn you that if you try this technique, use a pair of tweezers to hold the fabric. I don't know how many times I burned my fingers before I figured that out.
I made several of these head bands, but every fabric has a different look and feel to it. Some fabrics work better that others. I think I need to use up the fabric before I go out and try to get anymore.
Below are some pictures of the other head bands I was able to make with this technique. The purple one, I actually did use the candle technique and my house didn't catch on fire :)
Have a great week!